Ayurveda - Breast Cancer

Ayurveda - Breast Cancer

 

Ayurveda - What is Breast Cancer - An Aurvedic Perspective
By Dr Partap Chauhan

 

Breast cancer, cancer arising in breast tissue, is simply a group of abnormal cells that have abnormal growth patterns. The cells in your body follow a growth cycle in which it grows and rests. This growth period is controlled by genes present in each cell's nucleus. When these genes develop an abnormality, the growth of the cells go out of control leading to cancer.

 

If this abnormal growth happens in the cells in your breasts, it leads to breast cancer. Here are some facts you should know: 

Although breast cancer is primarily a disease of women, about 1% of breast cancers occur in men. Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women and is the second leading cause of death by cancer in women, the first being lung cancer. 

Knowing your breast 
The breasts are made of fat, glands, and connective (fibrous) tissue. The breast has several lobes, which are divided into lobules and end in the milk glands. Tiny ducts run from the many tiny glands, connect together, and end in the nipple. These ducts are where 80% of breast cancers occur. This condition is called infiltrating ductal cancer.
 
Cancer developing in the lobules is termed infiltrating lobular cancer. About 10-15% of breast cancers are of this type. Another type of breast cancer is inflammatory breast cancer.
 

Stages of Breast Cancer  
Precancerous: The precancerous changes in your breast, called in situ (in see-too) changes, is common. At this stage, the changes haven’t spread from where they started.

When these in situ changes occur in the ducts, they are called ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). When they happen in the lobules, they are called lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS). DCIS is frequently diagnosed on routine mammography.

 

Metastatic Cancers
Metastasis stages are the dangerous stage when the cancer has spread from the place where it started into other tissues.

The most common place for breast cancer to metastasize, or spread, is into the lymph nodes under the arm or above the collarbone on the same side as the cancer. It can also spread to the brain, bones and liver.

 

How did it happen?
The first thing you do when you learn that you have Breast Cancer is to desperately try to figure out how it could have happened. You wonder whether it was your routine, food, lack of exercise, stress etc. that led to it. Don’t be too hard on yourself. There is nothing you could have done to prevent it.

You’ll be surprised how many healthy people develop Breast Cancer. This is because, cancer is always caused by a genetic abnormality.

Only 5–10% of cancers are inherited from your mother or father. The rest 90% of breast cancers are due to genetic abnormalities that happen as a result of the aging process and life in general.

What you can do is minimize the chances of Breast Cancer if you already do not have it. Keep you body as healthy as possible by eating a balanced diet, not smoking, minimizing stress, and exercising regularly. Do not feel guilty, it can happen to anybody.

 



For more information on Ayurveda and it benefits please contact:

Kaviraj Partap S. Chauhan (Cyber Vaidya)
Director, Jiva Ayurvedic Research Institute
e-mail:
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
website:
 www.ayurvedic.org

Quick Donation!

Please Enter Amount

Register for Newsletters

Please register to receive our Newsletters

Follow us on Twitter

nchtuk "Evangelism is Radicalisation plus Cultural Genocide" all rolled in one.... @RajivMessage @swamy39 @nchtuk @kdudakia https://t.co/AIYd9Ix20I
0962943
Today
Yesterday
This Week
This Month
All days
1811
1767
12146
54948
962943

Your IP: 54.91.57.221

Current Visitor Map

NCHTUK Word Cloud

even   temples   community   please   shri   yoga   they   which   like   other   temple   krishna   there   people   when   such   those   that   members   being   with   would   have   hindus   been   from   many   these   very   will   more   also   ncht   diwali   then   hindu   your   ayurveda   religious   their   over   mind   were   lord   body   only   british   this   mandir   about   JoelLipman.Com

Upcoming Events 2015

108108 - Hanuman Chalisa Maha Yagya
vert banner01 sml trnsClick here to get in touch.

 

Contact Us

Registered Office :

National Council of Hindu Temples (UK)

C/o SHREE SANATAN MANDIR, 84 WEYMOUTH STREET, OFF CATHERINE STREET, LEICESTER, LE4 6FQ, Tel: 07763178628, info[at]nchtuk.org